Key Stage 3
Year 7 is organised within the overarching theme of power and democracy. Pupils explore the isues of Kingship and the growth of democracy in England with the following enquiries:
- Was King John a Bad King?
- Why was Charles 1 executed?
- Was Oliver Cromwell a Cruel dictator?
- Why did some women gain the vote in 1918?
Year 8 explores the issue of conflict and co operation. The following topics are covered:
- World War 1
- World War 2
- The Holocaust
Key Stage 4
The GCSE Edexcel History course covers the following options:
- Medicine and Treatment from Roman Britain to today
- Life in Nazi Germany 1918 - 1945
- Surgery or Impact of the War on Britain 1914 - 1945
- Vietnam or Policing 1880 to 1990
Key Stage 5
In A Level History, the following topics are covered:
- Conflict and Co-operation: The Changing Role of Women 1860 - 1930
- The Norman Conquest and its Impact
- The Angevin Empire 1154 - 1216
- Revolution, Republic and Restoration: England 1629 -66
- The Making of Modern Russia 1856 – 1964 (coursework)
Horrible Histories - Exploring gruesome events while creating your own horrible histories scene.
- Tuesday and Thursday Lunch - Year 9 History Club
- Wednesday - Year 11 Open Help sessions